Friday, September 7, 2007

CONTEST UPDATE: WINNER #3

Congratulations to Glenn Case, also from Washington State, who is the 3rd song contest winner with the catchy "Skulls Are Everywhere"...

Listen or Download (option/right-click) his MP3 HERE (1.4MB).

Plus watch the spiffy video he made...


Lyrics:
You might think I'm strange
Or a little dark
But skeletons are rad
The skull's the coolest part

I wear my skull shirt
And I get dirty looks
I think I've figured out
What gets these people shook

It's a reminder
Of their mortality
'Cause with those head bones
They face reality

No one lives forever
And what you leave behind
Is your skeleton
That's what you'll be with time

-------------------------
CHORUS
They think I'm creepy
But I don't care
Take a look around
Skulls are everywhere
-------------------------

Look in Hamlet's hand
And He-Man's nemesis
With a skull-a-day
Everyone benefits

You see one in the clouds
You take a picture
Somewhere along the way
That's when it hits ya

Skulls are everywhere
If you just look around
There's no need to be scared
Of this blog you found

May the skulls within your salad be so crescent fresh
And when they ask if you've had your skull-a-day, you answer yes

-------------------------
CHORUS
They think I'm creepy
But I don't care
Take a look around
Skulls are everywhere
-------------------------
SKULLS ARE EVERYWHERE
SO GO AND FIND THEM IF YOU DARE
SKULLS ARE EVERYWHERE
SO GO AND FIND THEM IF YOU DARE

FYI
There are NO Free Skulls left, but I'm working on runner up prizes so if you've got one in the works do send it in! Get the submission details HERE.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Winner #3: Can you update it at the end with all 365 skulls?

Skullmaster: Can we vote once all 7 are posted for a grand prize?

Glenn Case said...

It's funny, I was actually thinking about making an updated version when the year is up, but the pictures would fly by very quickly to match a 90 second song.

I may have to record an extended version of the song at a later date to make it work, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ROCK!

Glenn Case

Noah said...

I love the idea of an extended remix featuring all the skulls! Maybe we can release a skull shaped CD when it's done.

As for voting C, hmm, I don't really want it to be a popularity contest, but I'm open to suggestions for how it could be done. Also what kind of grand prize are you suggesting?

Tim said...

Incredible that you could whip this out so fast, Glenn. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Very cool song, Glenn, wow!

Nicole Anderson said...

ALR, that should be your blog theme song! OH MY! That song is totally fantastic, and I am not a skull-head like some people who enjoy your site!

I am a typical SAHM of 4, kitchen designer/artist/creator who lives the normal life with a hubby,2 cats, etc. KUDO'S on the song, Glenn!

Hamilton said...

nice job glenn!

Monster-Maniac said...

Great lyrics! I'll have to give this a listen sometime today. :)

b13 said...

Definately my favorite so far. EXCELLENT JOB!

Glenn Case said...

Thank you all for the kind words.

I say this a lot, but it's always just as true: I try to make music that I enjoy, and it's a really nice bonus when I'm not the only one that likes a song that I've put together. So, again, thanks for taking the time to listen to it, and thanks for taking the time to say you like it.

ROCK!

Glenn Case

Anonymous said...

Fab theme-song song! I love the combination of dark & light - the sort of muzzled voice and the glockenspeil (or whatever those high clear notes are). It's a pity that those who aren't "into" skulls frequently think the whole idea/genre/fascination with skulls is weird & Dark, but this weblog - and now this song - brings out the goofy/Trickster/cosmic joke thing.
We've all got one, and ain't nobody getting out of here alive, and we can't take it with us. Sounds pretty clean an clear to me. Rejoice - while you can! Life goes so fast - relish it!
Many thanks to both of you.