Tuesday, April 22, 2008

324. Audience Skull

Arranged Poster Board & Students. My friend Aaris invited me to speak to the graphic design students at St. John's University in Queens, where she teaches. As part of my lecture I had the students help with today's skull. I recreated my early 8 x 8 Skull:
by having the students hold up squares of white poster board (with black poster board sitting in the seats between them, since there weren't enough people to hold them all). I wasn't sure what the lecture space would look like when I planned this so I was a bit lower and closer than I expected, but even distorted I think it's still fairly skull-like. Thanks to fan Neil who suggested this one on the Skull-A-Day Facebook page, and thanks to the students and faculty of St. Johns for playing along!

12 comments:

Elin said...

This is wicked cool.

I just voted for you in the webbys - you're in the lead!!!

igor said...

i like this idea... id like to see something bigger... with your facebook group and all, you should try a flashmob skull next time you are in NYC

Mica said...

Turned out great - I especially like the legs sticking out the bottom of the image! Flash mob skull yea!

Unknown said...

Happy to contribute to your skull Mr. Scalin!!! I was way in the back. Looks great! Thanks for the inspiring, informative lecture today.

Noah said...

Working on a bigger one. Details soon!

Tatman said...

Nicely done! Next stop.....the Super Bowl!

Kim said...

Yay! I love eight by eight skull! <3

mim said...

Won't this be a really cool memory to have of one's school experience?! It'll be like when I talk about the potter Peter Voulkos coming to demonstrate in our ceramics class. Yay, Noah.

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Looks great! How about something like this next time? ;-)

Anonymous said...

This was so much fun. Loved the lecture, and it was great getting to be in one of the skulls!

-The girl in Row 5, three seats from the left

j said...

the true meaning of audience participation!