Friday, July 4, 2008

Soapy Skull

A story from Grace: "Well, I encountered a skull in my shower today. I don't know if anyone else has ever had to resort to such ghetto-ness, but when one bar of soap is about to run out, I will take the little sliver of old soap and stick it onto a new bar. (Seems a waste to throw away the little bits, no?) Anyhow, the result of having the old soap meld with the new one was a skull-like blob on a pink, raspberry-scented backdrop! I scraped out an eye with my nails, and immediately thought to myself, 'I must send this to Skull-a-Day'"

1 comment:

Suzanne Hall said...

It's not ghetto to save soap - it's good sense and probably quite common, since I do it too. Sometimes it's difficult to get the sliver to stick to the virgin bar, but I always persevere. And how lovely to find art in the process! Art is so like that.