Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.39

Sunday Simulacra... allow me to shed a little light on the subject this week.

Sean Bentley from Bellevue, WA said: “I was taking a picture from my sailboat of the becalmed Puget Sound in late afternoon, and when I looked at it later, there was a skull leering from the depths at me. Yeesh!”



The next two skull lights are sent in by different fans of an odd occurrence that is happening around Brooklyn, NY.

The first example is from artist Kurt Marquart, creator of Betty Bones, who wrote: “I found these skulls being reflected on a brick wall in my neighborhood. It was from the sun reflecting off a window across the street from the image. The sunlight bounced off the window, and through some criss-cross metal thingamajig on a utility pole.”


The Second image is from Ross Savedge who told us: “It's a light reflection on the side of a building in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I have no idea what the light was reflecting off of, but it's pretty cool.” Hayden C says:

Thank you all for submitting these enlightening pictures. Sean, that is a great shot and I wonder if there is a deeper story to tell from the area where the picture was taken. Kurt and Ross, It looks like NYC has a new place to go if one wants to see a light show. I am curious if what you are both seeing is a result of the same building and the same apparatus on the utility pole or just a weird coincidence. Since you are in NYC you can always consult here for help and let us know.

Until next time, this is Editor C, and I'll leave our skull light on for you.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: