Thursday, April 29, 2010

Holiday Skulls

It is never too early to start thinking about the winter holiday season. Here is a little tool to help you keep track.

Our first contributor Jen wrote: “I made a batch of paper mache skulls for our holiday tree. This is one of my favorites. We'll see if my husband ever lets me decorate the tree by myself again. ” One can find more pictures of decorations here.


Next up is James Robinson at Fire Cat Studios who told us: “This was the ‘angel’ on our x-mas tree. Made from a white glove, black fabric, and part of a clothes hanger.


Tree Trimmer C says:

I really like the idea of a momento mori themed holiday tree especially when those decorations are handmade. Thank you both for submitting your work and Happy Skullidays to one and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ornaments, and thanks for the reminder, I'm trying to think 6 months ahead...

I'm really bummed I'm going to have to miss the virtual lab class today ):

Here's some of my salt and pepper skulls:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/29744093/dia-de-los-muertos-salt-and-pepper

Abby Davis said...

hummmmm skull tree decorations. I might have to decorate my mini trees like that this year. I never buy big ones.