Thursday, April 15, 2010

Skullbot

It's no secret that the editors here at Skull-A-Day are big fans in "upcycling" for the good name of skull art. Darin Wiebe over at the Friar Junk blog knows just how fulfilling it can be to turn one man's junk into another man's treasure. I'll let him tell you about this adventure in imagination, "I usually make robots and rayguns out of junk but I tried something a bit different with my latest piece. Skulbot is my first wooden robot. The skull is from a Mardi Gras necklace, his body is a handle from an old awl, arms and hands are from an old typewriter, cogs from an alarm clock, and my favorite parts of him are the old ball and socket joint shoulders - I have no idea what they come from originally."



In all fairness, Darin admits that he didn't actually create the skull, but I had to give him credit for such ingenuity. The spare parts look great when given new life. Thanks for sharing, Darin, and thanks for not creating an evil robot hoard to take over the world. Although, they might make good opponents for the zombies.

No comments: