Friday, February 25, 2011

“Numskull”

Teresa in Minneapolis wrote: “I found your site through an old classmate of mine and friend of yours, Paul Overton.

Recently I began a very small home improvement project that has been somewhat frustrating. I just wanted to change the kitchen cabinet hardware from brass to nickel. Simple, right? Nope. The guy that put these cabinets in didn't really know what he was doing and, well, I have been referring to him as "that numskull" as I've been struggling through this project. Could I make a skull out of the offending hardware? Well, I gave it a shot, and now I feel better about the project.”


Alchemy C says:

You have embraced the ancient art of turning brass into nickel and collections into art. It is amazing how you were able to get a continuous shape out of what you had to work. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us as well as your adventure in home improvement, I am always interested in knowing how art comes about. Just think now you only 364 more to go...

No comments: