Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pancake Skull

Lesli Marshall sent us this "pancake syrup and butter skull made at Kerbey Lane Cafe, Austin, Texas."


It's breakfast time, so I thought this was appropriate. I love playing with my food and making skulls out of it at restaurants. Breakfast is a especially good time to do so. Pancakes are great because they can come with toppings like butter, syrup, berries, compote, Nutella, chocolate chips...etc. Skulls are a good motif because it creeps out or entertains the server...or if you made your own breakfast...yourself. Great now I want pancakes. Where's a Sunday brunch time travel device when I need it?

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

NICE WORK with the butter :)

Caryn F. said...

This skull is fun and playful, and it's making me hungry!