Saturday, April 23, 2011

Smokin' Skullistration

Today Alexandre Machado is giving me a lesson in remembering your roots with this great black and white illustration.



Like I said, this piece reminds me of why I first started loving skulls. The devil-biker-meaness of this angry fellow let's everyone know that he came to do what he wants and he'll be damned if anyone says otherwise. Sometimes you just have to have that take over the world attitude....sometimes. Thanks, Alexandre.


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in the drawing just leave a comment below stating: what made you start loving skulls.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you (either an e-mail in the post OR make sure your Blogger profile has an e-mail link for you on it).

NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice, but to my taste, too complicated, it takes from the austere & clean lines of the bones

Anonymous said...

Which of course is what brought me to liking skulls in the 1st place, the fact that all the fanciness of the meat is off, and there's this simple, beautiful structure underneath

fogmama said...

I started liking skulls when I started celebrating Dia de Los Muertos with my daughter when she was about 4 years old (now 17). My husband is 1/2 Mexican, and I thought it would be a nice way for our daughter to celebrate her heritage. Now I am a Latina in my heart, although 100% Anglo on the outside. I love my Mixed heritage family - husband, daughter, parents, brother, inlaws etc... We take the best of all our traditions and make them uniquely "Fog Family"

Whimzkulls said...

I don't remember NOT loving skulls. I used to get those decals that h ad pirates and put them on my windows when I was neigh high! Loved biker art/tattoo art always. I even got the models, The Invisible Horse & The Invisible Man, put them together and painted in the veins and arteries!! Anatomy has always fascinated me and still does.....