Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Skull Taking Tree


Kalin Thompson from Brisbane, Australia created this acrylic on wood piece, titled "The Taking Tree". Kalin says, "It's kind of a spoof of Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree". The hotness is in the details."



This is definitely a place I would want to hang out in. However, the humor is definitely in the details. The sign on the house says "No Grownups Allowed", so I guess I will just have to be satisfied with the farm house or hot air balloon. The "I'm with stupid" shirt made me smile. The other shirt says "Ou est le boeuf?", which translates to "Where is the beef?". If you remember that old Burger King commercial, then you understand the humor. I like the Chinese dragon laying on a branch, like a griffin, to protect the "castle". The boxer flag is a good way to stake your territory and air out your laundry. I used to have a tree house, but nothing as fancy as this.


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in today's drawing to win a button just leave a comment below stating: Where would you make a skull tree house? I would make mine on a beach, in hopes of seeing ghost pirate ships from the shores.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you (either an e-mail in the post OR make sure your Blogger profile has an e-mail link for you on it).

NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest.

5 comments:

Roger Ramjet said...

I would make my skull tree house up in the mountains, by a lake. I would love to wake up early each morning and see the sun shining on the water with a thin layer of fog on it. Many ghostly possibilites there.
Roger Meyer
MeyerRK@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this -- from the boxers flag, to the baby crows, to the stovepipe trailing smoke! Gorgeous Skull House!

Scott Schluter said...

I would make my skull tree house on the sunny side of a mountain that overlooked other mountains so I would have a great view every morning I woke up.

todd said...

i would have my tree-house in the city between two hi-rise buildings, perhaps with a bar in it.

Dr.Pat Rubbish said...

i love things like this...very YERKAesque...good work,top notch