Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ceramic and Crystal Skull

Erin Finney from Chicago, IL made this skull and shared it with us. She describes it as (from her Etsy listing) "This is a ceramic skull that has been over laid with several black and cream semi translucent patterns. It has beautiful purple, red, and teal Swarovski crystal detail. It measures appox. 9" x 7" x 7"h."




With the print on this, I thought it was made of fabric. I had to go look at her Etsy listing to see what it was made of. I'm not sure if the pattern is made with paint or printed paper, but either it works very well with the shape of the ceramic skull. The carefully laid colorful crystals look like little flower buds along the vine and fern like pattern. Since I originally thought this was made of fabric and stuffed, I pondered if the mouth was a zipper and that it would be an awesome purse. Since it's ceramic, I want to put glass vials in the eyes for flowers and use it as a beautiful vase.

In Erin's submission, she suggested we have a Skull Appreciation Day in Chicago. This might good place for next year maybe. We have chosen a different place for this year's Skull Appreciation Day, on June 4th, 2012. It's not going to be in Richmond, VA this year. It's going to be somewhere farther North, but I can't tell you yet... See what I did there...

No comments: