Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Simulacra - Version 5.44


Skull hunter Shelik found 3 more hidden skulls. With his photo submission, he included a great explanation of why he sent the photos and how he found the skulls.

"A couple of weeks ago you said you weren't getting enough submissions for Simulacra Sunday. Well, we just can't have that. And since I love seeing all of the 'sneaky skulls' that present themselves to all of us skull fanatics around the world, I did some digging around on my hard drive. I knew that I had taken a few pics that could be worthy, I just had to find them."

"The first skull was one that caught my eye when I was riding my bike. It was some square, brick-type stone that was laying on his side peeking out of a hole on the sidewalk where a tree usually goes. Of course I stopped, broke out the camera phone and said, 'peek-a-boo! I see you!' "


"The second was one that happened to be lurking right next to the very bike I was riding when I saw the Skull Stone. I was sitting my room (bored) when I decided to take a pic of my bike with my iPhone. It wasn't until I looked at the picture later that I noticed a skull (and even some crossbones!) on a computer monitor that I hadn't hooked up yet! The sunlight just happened to shine through some fancy bricks outside and hit the screen perfectly to form that little guy."


"Finally, there's the trash can skull. I threw something away in it and all of the contents gave me a sinister look back. I saw a skull immediately. Some might see an evil face, but it's a skull to me. You decide."


"Hope these submissions help. Because we all need skulls... every. single. day."  I agree Shelik, we do need skulls every day. Without them, we wouldn't be able to see them...



We need help from our skull hunters. If you see a simulacra skull, photograph it and send those pictures in to our submissions address.

No comments: