Thursday, November 1, 2012

[CONTEST] Win a Dia de los Muertos Story App

THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED! Thank you to everyone who participated!

Rosita y Conchita is an independent children's storybook that was published by Muertoons that Mobad Media fell in love with at Comic-Con and now they've taken this heartfelt story and given it the full-blown 3D interactive treatment they feel it deserves for the iPad and iPhone. Take a look at these screenshots from the app. It's really something you need to see on the device to get the full impact. Mobad Media is giving away FIVE of the app codes to FIVE lucky Skull-A-Day fans!




PRIZE INFO: Rosita y Conchita is "a touching tale of twin sisters a world apart, but to find each other they must rely on the closeness of their heart. Help Conchita celebrate the life of her dearly departed sister as she sets up a memorial altar for her on the Day of the Dead. Follow Rosita on her journey as she makes her way through the spirit world following the clues from the altar in hopes of seeing her sister again. This heartfelt storybook rhymes in English and Spanish!" It's only available as an interactive story through iPad or iPhone and you will win the application code to the story.

HOW TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling us what you would put on your Dia de los Muertos altar to remember a lost loved one.

CONTACT INFO: If you win, we need to contact you. With your comment, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL. Blogger now goes to Google+ if we click on your profile photo, and doesn't show us your emails. Entries are only valid with this information.

WHERE TO ENTER: All entries must be made on this blog post, on Skull-A-Day.com. You can NOT enter this contest by commenting on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.

CONTEST CLOSES: 11:59:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time Wednesday, November 7th, 2012.

NUMBER OF WINNERS: Five

PRIZE SHIPS: This contest is open to all skull lovers around the world. You will be sent to app code if you win. Obviously you need an iPad or iPhone for it to work.

IF YOU DON'T WIN: This great story app is available for purchase through the iTunes Store. It's compatible with iPhone and iPad.

26 comments:

Curls Studio said...

I would put a giant bone as an icon to remember my dog, Fritz.

Kevin (Rikitikikevi) McIntyre said...

A cup of tea and a good murder mystery novel for my mom.

Nicoliosis said...

I put biscochitos that my dad made because my baby sister loved them.

Auntie Em said...

I put my grandfather's passport on the altar at the church where we celebrate. He was fifteen years old, traveling alone to Ellis Island then to Nashville, Tennessee from Germany via Amsterdam. It contains Red Star Line tickets and I think the date is 1868.

Keith said...

My Grandfathers pocket knife and bolo tie. He always carried them with him.

Webmonster said...

A plate of tuna sushi for my cat, Bigfoot.

Karin O. said...

Camel cigs for my Grandpa :)

ebeth86 said...

I would put a book of crossword puzzles for my gram :)

Unknown said...

I would put a bag of oranges and a can of DW40. Both scents bring back loving memories of my grandpa.


mrjamoreno@yahoo.com

que_yuppe12s said...

Wow where do I start. For my grandfather I would put a can of beer and a golf ball (his favorite hole was the 19th hole). For my grandmother pack of cigarettes and a four leave clover. For my great grandmother I would set out some homemade tortillas and a laker flag ( she was a die hard fan). And for my uncles I would set out a poker game for them all( they were the best cheaters I knew). I would finish it off with flowers and candles and of course have mariachi music playing

que_yuppe12s@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

I would leave a cookbook and a can of Budweiser for my Daddy because he loved to cook and BBQ and drink his Bud.

Lara K said...

Love this - hope I win! So adorable!

For my dog Jack, I put his pawprint and a photo of him with my daughter.

For my great aunt, a photo of her as a young woman, some pearls (she always wore them!) and a photo of us together.

You can email me at lara at larakretler dot com

Thanks!

Unknown said...

For my father I would leave him a small yellow plane - his passion was flying remote controlled airplanes. He found new friends and this new hobby towards the end of his life, and know that he is somewhere in heaven flying his favorite plane right now!

meg said...

I 5th of Scotch for my padre.

Unknown said...

For my Grandpa, I would put some warm homemade flour tortillas with papas con chorizo and a 6 pack of Bud Lite. A sign that reads "Good Show Grandpa, Good Show" he would always say that when one of us grand kids would get in trouble. And a big Hershey's bar because grandma Lola would call his her Hershey's bar!!!!

Marcela Roberts said...

A bowl of soft doggy food drenched in bacon grease for my Ponchito, the cutest smallest chihuahua with insane personality.

Twistedreality8@gmail.com

chelybeans said...

I will add a miniature sewing machine for my Nana, a miniature saw for my Tata and a cup of coffee so they can enjoy together in after life.

Katie said...

A pair of silver lame slippers for my Gramma.

FutureForwardMama said...

I would leave a small man-made silver pebble I have w/t the word "Free" on it

Unknown said...

Every year, on my altar you will find, my nephews favorite candies, my grandmothers favorite flowers, and my grandfathers favorite drink, along with other miscellaneous offerings for other friends and family who have crossed over. (tl.harris@yahoo.com)

Robin.Ruin said...

A pipe full of cherry tobacco for my great grandad Carlton and some brownies for Shaun.

Unknown said...

We recently lost my aunt and the first thing my 11-year old daughter did was set up an altar. She lit candles and placed the "happiest photo (she) could find" amongst them with flowers.

My family and I celebrate Dia de los Muertos every year and always light candles. I sometimes burn a little of my grandfather's cherry cavendish pipe tobacco, his last pouch was still half full, and we put photos of loved ones in framed array along the wall. We reminisce, laugh, and dig through old photos, and cook like my grandmother would have. Sharing food and letting their memories and love surround us has always been a comfort.

Win or not, I will definitely check out the app for my iPad. I love Dia de los Muertos, collect children's book, and think the art is spectacular. Thank you for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

A wisp of my hair, my cat Cookie loves to groom me before we have a nap..
He was my family and my best friend, I'll never ever forget him

sarchan@libero.it

Unknown said...

snatiomE 24My grandmothers hat that she would wear while working in her garden and a little bouquet of purple pansies.

Andrea Gonzales said...

i would put comet and a toilet brush because my grandma taught me how to clean a toilet like nobody's business. i'm the only one who inherited her amazing cleaning skills :)

Goddess said...

A coke for my dad, a piece of sweet bread for my grandmother, a shot of whiskey for my grandfather, two teddy bears for my baby sisters, and a strawberry shake for my other sister. That is along with all their sugar skulls and their pictures.