Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scherke Sunday

We're going to take a detour from Sunday Simulacra this week to feature the work of Scherke from Germany (whose Skuddly Toys skull, was featured a few weeks back). In the course of about 10 days he sent these additional four original pieces to me! In reference to his prolific output he said, "Despite your cry for help concerning the flood of submissions I can't do anything else (besides posting some suggestions on your site) but add fuel to the fire. Pandora's Box really seems to be an ossuary...".

Glow in the dark stars....



...A collage titled "We are Skull"...



...Windows OS...



...and "Turkish Skull", made out of the letters s, k, u, l, l in a stylized typeface!



He also made a desktop pattern version of Turkish Skull for download as well! Get it HERE.


Great work Scherke, I look forward to see what you come up with next!

4 comments:

Kranium said...

Wow! My own Skull-a-day Sunday! That is such an honour! Thanks a lot, Noah!

Anonymous said...

"We Are Skull" might be my favorite one yet!

Timo said...

That's so cool! I like that windows Os skull! And your profile pic rulz!

Jock said...

W00t! Great job! Makes me think of your ancient ZZT-Skull Mod. Thumbs up!