Friday, June 4, 2010

Skull Appreciation Day!


We here at Skull-A-Day have decided that there needs to be an official international day of cranial love! To that end we're starting a campaign to get June 4th (the day Skull-A-Day started) officially recognized as Skull Appreciation Day around the world, and of course to get as many people celebrating it as possible. Since we have absolutely no idea about how to go about doing this we've decided to ask you the dedicated fans of this project to help!

Here's some things you can do:
  1. Post the graphic above and link back to this page to help raise awareness. Or copy and paste the html code HERE.
  2. If you know anything about how to get an official day created on a local, state, or national level tell us in the comments below.
  3. If you are in a position where you can help get this day officially celebrated in your office, town, city, state, country please do! Then tell us about it so we can spread the news.
  4. Plan an event for that day and let us know about it so we can spread the news!
  5. Suggest ways that people could celebrate it on a large or small level in the comments below.
As always send us pictures of whatever you do so we can share it with the world!

Happy S.A.D.! 

p.s. Here's what we did in 2011 to celebrate in Richmond, Virginia. And here's what we did in 2012 in Philadelphia! And here's what we did in 2013 in Chicago!


*Speaking of days of celebrations, be sure to also mark your calendars for Strangely Orange Snack Appreciation Day (or S.O.S.A.D.) on June 21st, which was started by our friend Terry at Bent Objects and was one of the big inspirations for our own plans!

18 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

What a absolutely brilliant and fun idea!!! I am on board!

Cheers!

Tatman said...

Happy S.A.D, everyone!

Abby Davis said...

I'm really excited about this! I have so many ideas for things to have at the celebration!

mim said...

Always inspired by what transpires on Skull-a-day. I just posted the Skull Appreciation Day logo on my blog. Let's make it happen!

kerosene said...

Very good idea! ☠
#1 accomplished.
I'm working on the rest of the list.

Anonymous said...

Make a facebook event already...
;-P

Noah said...

Will be doing a lot more for this (including a Facebook event page) next month!

pp said...

This is really excellent news! My plan is to celebrate with a giveaway to my skull-centric shop at http://www.DeweyDecimalCrafts.etsy.com
Counting down the days!

Bodyartbykeegan said...

It is my birthday June 4th!! I am having a skull themed party in honor of Skull Appreciation day! I think we're going to make a skull shaped cake and everything! thanks!!!

Alison said...

This is awesome! I wanted to let you know that Smeared & Smudged (an alternative stamping group) is going to have a member wide skull blog hop that day. Info will be up on our forum soon. http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/ DT blog (which is where the hop will begin): http://smudgyantics.blogspot.com/
Thanks for putting this rad idea out there! I hope it's HUGE!

Jennifer Scull said...

you can believe that with a last name like mine, I am all for this! :)

Gina said...

What a great idea :D People could dress up as characters from Hamlet, with Yoric as the guest of honour:D

Unknown said...

I'm still looking for that facebook event :) i have a lot of friends to invite!

Noah said...

The Facebook invite is HERE.

Unknown said...

ah, whoops, thanks! XD I didn't find it when I searched for it, for some reason...

Magaly Guerrero said...

If I loved skulls any more than I do, I would probably marry a flesh-less being. I'm taking the image and will sure spread the word.

I got here through Gina from Daydream Believer, so I guess the word spreading is working!

Living Dead Girl Nicole said...

Love this!! Posted the icon on my site.. artworkbylivingdeadgirlnicole.com and will run a sale in my etsy shop on June 4th in celebration!! Great idea!!

Matney said...

Great quote and wonderful projects!