Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Simulacra - Round 6

Adam Pocius shared this cotton cleaning pad and the following eerie tale about it...

"I worked as a printer in the basement of the Colorado Mental Health Institute of Pueblo. I worked on an older Multigraphics 1250 press to print copious amounts of hospital forms. One thing I noticed is that I was drawn by some force to always look at the counter when it reached 666. I thought it coincidence the first few times, but it happened so much, that it surpassed coincidence in my mind. That said, one day I was done with a large run and had viewed the 666 like the many times before. I typically used a square cotton pad folded in half to clean the blanket of the press.
As I wiped the machine down and started to refold cotton pad in the opposite direction, I noticed this skull staring at me! I'm familiar with matrixing as described by Grant Wilson from Taps, "The human mind's natural tendency to find familiar shapes in complex shapes or colors. In other words, finding a face in the shapes and shadows of a collection of objects." I'm not sure that this 'coincidence' means the machine is possessed, but I was still amazed to find it. I did work in the basement area of the hospital and it was connected by a series of tunnels that linked all the different wards of the hospital together. I know that hospital is supposed to be inhabited by other entities, but I don't know if this falls under that category. I figured it was time to share the story."


Paul Goode of Redmond, Washington found this creepy sight on a back road of County Mayo in the west of Ireland...


Kurt Marquart of Brooklyn, New York discovered this fellow hiding in a "cave" at a pool while on vacation in the Bahamas...

1 comment:

b13 said...

Oh man, that first one is MESSED UP!