Wednesday, December 24, 2008

O Christmas Skull

Foobella did a remarkable job making these Christmas tree light skulls by moving her camera during a long exposure! She says, "I have no idea how many pictures I actually took to get these six, but I'm sure it was close to 50 or more... It took me a while to figure this out, so let us all learn from my many mistakes. When creating this effect, you are tracing a skull shape in the air with your camera BUT you actually have to "draw" the skull upside down to get it to be right side up in the picture. I still can't quite wrap my brain (or skull) around this concept."...


You can see the original tree and more of these pix HERE.

6 comments:

Tatman said...

Whoa! You just blew my skull!

Kaitlen said...

That is phenomenal. Bravo!

Diane said...

WOW!
Your hard work paid off! These are f-in' sweet!

bella said...

woooo! Thanks for the love. That was a big learning curve, let me tell ya. Merry Merry!

katillac deVille said...

Bravo!!!

If only they made lights that look like that, I'd start putting up a tree again.

mim said...

Very very very cool or as they say here in Paris "beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup cool!"