Friday, April 10, 2009

A Skull by Any Other Name...

I have a big art exhibition coming up this July and August here in Richmond, Virginia at Quirk Gallery. The show will feature a wide selection of the original 365.25 Skulls as well as several new pieces made specifically for the show (and it is first time any of the pieces will be for sale). The only problem is I need a title! Below is a list of what I've come up with so far. Can you help me out and let me know which one/s you prefer and/or give you own suggestion/s for what it could be? Thanks!

  • The Skull Show
  • Vanitas
  • Memento Mori
  • Carpe Diem
  • Postmortem
  • After Life
  • Still Life
  • I [heart] Skulls
  • Skulls


p.s. I'll post more details about the show as it gets closer!

16 comments:

bella said...

I likfe After Life most. Here are some variations and other ideas.

-Skull Life
-A Skull's Life

-Underneath
-Inside Out
-Behind The Mask

I could go on, but I'll stop.

Tatman said...

I'll vote for Memento Mori first, Post Mortem second.

Unknown said...

Brain Buckets

Anonymous said...

I like Post Mortem, personally...

Metamorphosing said...

My vote goes for Memento Mori

katillac deVille said...

Carpe Mortem, by Noah Skullin =)

negrofrankenstein said...

"Hard-headed"

Unknown said...

Cranial Cavalcade!

Anonymous said...

Memento Mori, or Postmortem.

web said...

headjob

Unknown said...

You forgot "skullduggery"!

PatG said...

Vanitas is on target

I liked Negrofrankensteins
"Hard-headed"
and Webs
"Headjob"

or a play on being stubborn.
- Thick-headed
- Bone-Head
- Knuckle-Head

Anonymous said...

Found your site last night and I'm only in the 120's of the originals so far lol. It's great to see that you've gotten Skull-a-day into a gallery! That's so cool :D

Memento Mori, Carpe Mortem, and Post Mortem are my favorites out of what's been suggested so far.

Andressa M said...

I wish I could go to, but I’m from Brazil ):

About the titles…

The ones I like most are:

* The Skull Show
* Postmortem
* After Life
* Still Life

My ideas are:

* Skulling (Skullin’)
* Skull Showing
* Still alive?

"- Bone-Head" (that someone said) is really nice!

Alex said...

post modern mortem?

Alex said...

post a mortem?