Wednesday, September 19, 2007

108. Shadow Skull #2


Cut Paper, Scotch Tape, Cast Light on Wall. Shiver me timbers, me goal was t'create highly compressed skull shapes which looked fairly normal when cast on yonder wall from a high, nearby light source, all 4 attempts be shown.**

**Avast mateys, 'tis Talk Like A Pirate Day today (thus the bad grammar above)! Ye should be gettin' yer very own Space Pirate name from me other skull themed project League of Space Pirate HERE! I'm "Ship's Mate Noah the Often Unusual". Tis appropriate, no? ARRRGH!

P.S. [non-pirate-y for a moment here] I'm heading out of town tonight and won't be back until late Sunday night. As before I'll do my best to try and post while I'm away, but no promises. Even if you don't see a post know that I'm definitely still making a skull every day and I'll post them when I can.

8 comments:

Scarlett said...

We really enjoy this site. But, we are finally out of lurkerdoom to ask "why just human skulls"

Next year, you could do animal skulls.

Noah said...

There are animal skulls sprinkled throughout, but I just happen to find the human skull more inspiring. I imagine there will be more animal ones before the year is out. As for next year, I can't even begin to think about that yet!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what sort of trouble you could get into with this concept. From the front it looks like just some card stock taped to a wall... but when the lights go on....

Hello lamppost, what cha knowin'? I've come to see your skulls a glowin'.

bkcamden said...

luv.... the shadow play.....

Anonymous said...

very nice!

you're a bright one!

thanks for shedding such light!

j

knitphomaniac said...

very stellar :D I love the inspired skulls!

Monster-Maniac said...

Really great effect. LOL at your pirate speak. ;) Hope wherever you're off to is fun.

layne (herman) said...

creative.

memento mori.