Monday, April 27, 2009

Skull-A-Day: What's Next

Believe it or not the second year of the Skull-A-Day project has nearly ended! While I never planned to have this be more than a one-year project, I just couldn't abandon the awesome community that had sprung up around it. And for the past year you all have amazed me with the incredible range of ways the skull can be represented. It's truly been a treat to get emails from people young and old from across the globe who have been inspired by this project. Amazingly the submissions haven't slowed down and so I once again feel compelled to commit myself to keeping this site going for another year, as long as you the fans want to keep it going. Of course I can't ever do the same thing twice, so I'm making a big change for Skull-A-Day 3.0 that I'm very excited to tell you about...

I am bringing on two new guest editors! You'll probably recognize their names if you've been visiting here for any length of time: Justin AKA Tatman & the mysterious Citizen Agent!

Tatman has been posting comments and submitting skulls since nearly the beginning of the project. He's been a fantastic booster of the project and his endlessly positive attitude makes him a perfect fit with the ongoing goal of the site to encourage creativity in any form it may take. Read Justin's bio HERE.

Citizen Agent has also been commenting since nearly the beginning, and though he has remained anonymous to even me, he has still managed to become a trusted friend of the project. Indeed, C was even given permission to create Skull #366 (the only officially numbered skull not made by myself) to commemorate the end of the proect and the fact that the original project happened during a leap year. Read Citizen Agent's bio HERE.
Throughout year 3 they will be posting the submissions you send in as well as coordinating monthly creative contests! I hope you will give them a warm welcome.

One other item to note for S-A-D 3.0...

There's a brand new submission address! Please make sure you've made a note of it for when you're ready to submit your own work.

Thanks again for all of you kind support for this project. I hope you'll continue to read, be inspired, and submit your work in the coming year!

9 comments:

Tim said...

Welcome, guest editors! This site is always a fun read, and I'm sure the next phase will be great.

chimerastone said...

I have yet to submit my work to you. Another year end so quickly.
Time got the better of me. I hope to submit something soon. This is what happen if you procrastinate too much.

PearsonMetalArt said...

Congratulations new editors! Wow, time really does fly. Best of luck to you both. Have fun.

Tatman said...

Thanks, all! Chimera, quit slacking. Time waits for no one.

metalchick666 said...

Congrats Tatman! Here's to year 3!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Congrats Tatman, Citizen on becoming the new guest editors. I've only been with the site for less than a month but have definitely seen you two all over the place. S-A-D 3.0 is gonna be great!

nitebyrd said...

I'm glad the site will continue. It's always interesting and inspirational.

Welcome to the new editors!

Kim said...

Fantastic! Congratulations, guys. Looking forward to a third year of skull love.

Kim said...

Congratulations, guys! Looking forward to a third year of skull love.