Wednesday, June 6, 2012

C-Rations: Carbon 1

This week’s offering is a Cedar Wood


“Traditional” 6" x 7" carved on Cedar board scrap with pencil highlights

Modern C says:

On this 5th anniversary of my first comment on Skull-A-Day I thought it would be fitting to make a traditional 5th anniversary gift. It is difficult to look back and realize that an email in that morning’s inbox many years ago set off a wonderful chain reaction that I guess you can say changed my life. When was the last time one email changed your life? Thank you to the Crown Prince of Richmond, VA for providing me with more creative wealth then I could have ever imagined, and all it cost me in return was a single comment.

My weekly offering of original skull designs were posted on Mondays in year 3.0, you can see all of them plus a few more HERE . Knowing the personal pressures of a creating a piece each week, I tip my hat to the massive one-a-day project that was undertaken by The Skullmaster, during the original Skull-A-Day year.

Hopefully you will find some nourishment in my offerings, but if you need more nourishment, you may always Friend me or Follow me in their respective places.

3 comments:

Noah said...

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 5 years! So glad that I took the bait and encouraged you to participate even more! Always love seeing a new piece from you, does this mean we'll be getting another weekly dose this year or is this just a one-off bonus?

Abby Davis said...

I love that an email changed your life, and that in return you've changed others' lives. I hope to see more work from you this year.

Citizen Agent said...

Listening C said:

I'll see what I can do about another weekly offering. I still have a bucket list of unfinished ideas from 3.0 so maybe I will work on that in part to celebrate our carbon year.