Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day of the Dead Skulls

Today’s skulls are a pair of Day of the Dead inspired artworks

Alyssa from Arizona told us: “In October my friend Brittany and I spent 5 hours painting my face and doing my hair for an event held in Scottsdale, Arizona. The work is mostly inspired by the lovely Sylvia Ji.”



Kathy from Shelton, Washington shared with us one of her Day of the Dead dolls.


Matching C says:

I love weeks when like minded artists a thousand miles apart decided to fill our inbox with similar themed pieces. When I saw these two piece I immediately thought perhaps Kathy might do a custom piece inspired by your makeup Alyssa for her next piece. It would be a perfect blend of the temporal becoming the sacred. Thank you both for submitting this wonderful work and let us know if you two end up collaborating on future work.

No comments: