Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wooden Skulls

Darren Davis a.k.a. realblackbeard says, "i am obsessed with carving skulls, here are a few, the oak skulls came from a piece of a tree called inspiration oak, that was dated at over 500 years old, a land dispute between the owner and the state caused the man to attempt to cut down the tree, it was worked on extensively to try to save it and finally died, when the tree was finally cut down the state sold pieces of it and i bought a couple, i decided it would be cool to create an instant 500 year+ skull...I would like to eventually try selling some of my skulls as I am disabled and this is what I do to pass the time."



4 comments:

Couchgirl13 said...

Wow, what an amazing ability you have. And that is truly cool about the 500 year old oak. I think you should definately sell these. Try etsy, I've seen many cool things on there for sale. Good luck.

LunaChick said...

I love skulls,I'm sure I'd buy a bunch. You could try making plain unpainted/unlacquered skulls and putting them at an affordable price. Then setting a higher price for finished work. I would love getting my hands on some paintable skulls, I do a lot of crafts and that would be awesome. Please let Skull a day know and Skulls and bacon too. Thanx.

annecopeland said...

Wow, how can we get in touch with you? I definitely want to keep in touch. I actually have a nonprofit called www.fiberartsconnsocal.org and we assist artists who are disabled with professional development and at no charge for the artists. I sure hope I can get in touch with you. You can also write me at anneappraiser@yahoo.com Peace and mamy blessings, Annie

nitebyrd said...

These are beautiful. Definitely start selling them. Let me know when you do!