Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Freckle Skull

Mark Robert Armstrong shared this fairly awesome story, "I recently had 10 of the freckles on my body transformed into skulls. I photoshoped the idea forever ago and recently went in hand had Stu and Kreative Khaos in Brantford, Ontario, Canada, put my idea on my body. So he did. I'm showing you. It's really cool. They are memento mori, which is latin for remember that you will die - a sort of artistic ideal in ye olde tymes where skulls were everywhere all the time to remind pretty people that inches under that perfectly powedered flesh lay a harsh reminder of their mortality."...


2 comments:

Elusis said...

Memento. Memento mori. If you're going to pay tribute to it, please spell it right.

Tatman said...

Best Freckles EVER! They totally look like they were naturally appeared that way. Great work by the artist, and killer idea.