Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teens love SKULLS

I've been completely blown away by the positive response that my book has gotten from the librarian community! The latest honor is that SKULLS has been included in the New York Public Library's Stuff for the Teen Age 2009. This is the 80th year of this list of the best books, music, movies and video games for teens. Items were chosen by working with a teen advisory staff who rated all of the items for consideration. Below is a short video of some of the responses to SKULLS...



As part of their teen related programming this year I've been asked to come speak to both librarians and teenagers in NYC about the book and project. I'll post the details when I have them.

5 comments:

Tatman said...

Notice how they're all teenagers. (and no, I'm not an old fogy)

Kendra said...

Cameron, notice that you're ignorant for making your comment.

The Gravekeeper said...

I'm really happy for you, man. Maybe some of these kids will pick up a copy of your book and realize that creating art is within their reach, even if they don't have access to the more traditional media. I mean, there's still this notion out there that you have to be able to do extremely realistic drawings to be an artist, and that's just not true; anyone can create art out of anything they can get their hands on.

Tatman said...

Exactly, Gravekeeper. I think that's why Skull-A-Day has been such a hit.

Unknown said...

ow... i got burned.