Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dia de la Abby #66: Skeleton Family Portrait

I wanted to make a new family portrait, using ink pens and watercolor paints.


I wanted to combined my old drawing skills with my still fairly new painting skills. I like using watercolor, because it blends nicely and correcting mistakes is easier than acrylic. However, it's tricky because you can remove too much color from areas if the brush it too wet, or lay on too much color if the brush is too dry. After drawing this, I plan on making this sweater for my husband. He loves sweater vests. This updated version would suit both his style and morbid likes. The print on my skirt is of red flowers similar to a mum. My daughter's skirt has a large spider web and her shirt has spider buttons. I love using small details in my drawings. I think that's what makes them more interesting to make and look at.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

3 comments:

dolores said...

Love it! That vest...those gloves and the smiles on your....skulls!;)

Abby Davis said...

Thanks! We are very smiley skulls aren't we. I plan on making the gloves and the vest. I've already made the corset.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! <3