Wednesday, March 5, 2008

276. Skull-Brite

Arranged Lite-Brite Pegs (10in x 5 in [25.5cm x 13cm]). This is actually my sister's Lite-Brite set from the 70's that my parents still had in their house. I ran out of pegs while making this and had to buy some extras, turns out the new ones are slightly different colors and also larger, so I had to sand down the last 100+ pegs with the Dremel tool to get them to fit the peg board! Of course I couldn't resist looking up the commercial that I remember so well from childhood...

10 comments:

katillac deVille said...

Wow, that's a lot of work to sand down so many pegs. Major props to you for continuing with the project, Noah!

The colours...wow! {applause}

Angela said...

Now I want my old Lite Brite back

Crafty Mama said...

That's dedication! Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a new set?

PearsonMetalArt said...

This made me laugh when I first saw it.

Tatman said...

Your commitment to excellence is appreciated. I would naturally expect a frontal view for ease of creation, but you add depth to the 2-dimensional image for the full skull effect. Great work!

bella said...

Aww, this brings back bittersweet memories for me. I remember kindergarten class had one set up in a dark corner and I would love to play with it. I never had one of my own, though. boooo

Charlie said...

Looks like a thermal image, way cool....

The Abominable Cellist said...

You had to sand down 100 of those things? Jeez. I would never have had the patience to do that. Hats off to you.

annecopeland said...

You are one truly amazing artist! First of all, I can hardly imagine creating a piece of art every single day, but you manage to do such fantastic work! This one is one of my all time faves!!! Just really incredible! I hope you end up with a one-man show somewhre - actually, I hope lots of places so I can get to see them "live." Ha, now there's a thought for you - living skull! Peace and many blessings, Annie

Carra said...

Thank you. SOOO satisfying. Looks great too. Where do you buy the new pegs?