Friday, January 1, 2010

[Flashback Friday] 112. Construction Barrier Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#22: 112. Construction Barrier Skull

I was in NYC on a business trip and knowing I had to make a skull, was on a constant lookout for possible materials/locations. I saw this construction barrier while on may way from one meeting to another and didn't have the time or materials to work with it, but I noted the location. Then when I was done with my meetings I went and got a piece of black construction paper and cut out the nose, guessing at the size that would work to make this skull complete. I came back up the area and prepared the back of the nose with loops of tape so that all I had to do was walk up, stick it on and step back to photograph. The bonus of things like this in NYC is that no one seemed to care at all what I was up to. And yes, I did leave this one for others to discover!

No comments: