Saturday, April 24, 2010

Captured Skulls

Mike Christopher(Hare Krishna Zombie from “Dawn of the Dead”) captured this skull through the windshield of his 1984 SAAB 900T at Florida in January 2010.


Pat from Napa, CA said: “Just happily ran across your blog. These are a series of photos I took with a very old digital camera. I purposely shook the camera to get the effect of motion.”


André living in São Paulo, Brazil wrote: “I made a tattoo and then when I tried to stop the blood with a piece of paper towel I got this stains. So I scanned this to send to SKULL A DAY.”


Substitute C says:

It was great to see this collection of some of the different ways in which skulls that we experience everyday are capture in an artistic way by our readers. Looking at all these pieces I am reminded of how truly unique the moment of their capture was since the environmental factors that were present at the time can never be duplicated. Thank you all for submitting your work for us to share.

1 comment:

Abby Davis said...

They are each different and great!

I've done the shaking thing with a old digital camera using street lights at night. Made a beautiful swirly photo. My new camera won't do that easily, but I'm determined to figure out how to make it do it too.