Saturday, April 10, 2010

Skull Bowls

I totally love these awesome ceramic skull bowls from Catherine in Santa Rosa, CA . She has more to tell us, "Hi Noah, I saw your interview on the Mutter Museum You Tube channel linked to their website. I've been making ceramics for about three years. I've taken to making little skull jars and recently, when given the assignment of making a set of dinnerware, I made skull and bone related cup, platter and bowls. This is the skull bowl. I found that sculpting things in clay translated pretty handily from drawing or pen&ink."





That skull and rib bones bowl would make a killer candy dish. The flesh tone colors give it that extra creepy feel. "Have some candy...if you DARE!" Thanks for sharing your great work, Catherine.

5 comments:

Liz said...

oh that bowl is soooo Hot! I love it!

Divaeva said...

the is an awesome bowl *heart* it!!

Divaeva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby Davis said...

They are both beautiful and useful. I love that in such creative pieces as these.

Pancho said...

This woman's work is pretty spectacular...