Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dia de la Abby #25 - Free-form Embroidery Skull


I wanted to challenge myself with this one, by finding a way to combine my love of sugar skulls with embroidery and machine sewing. This is my first attempt at free-form machine embroidery. It's not perfect, but overall, I'm happy with it. This was also spawned by a curiosity of how Noah could have done this skull and this skull. I think we did our different, as I used a special foot for the machine and lowered the feed dogs of the machine. For more information on how I made this piece, go to the tutorial.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will be post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: