Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dia de la Abby #45: Skull of Swirls

This painting was inspired by swirls and whimsy.



Close up of fine crackle with silver antiquing rubbed into cracks.




I have been wanting to use my metallic silver paint pen and new crackle medium on a painting. I used the crackle medium to create a textured background. I used the silver paint to create the swirl design. I like incorporating nature into my art. I created vines, leaves and flowers using the swirls. There is also a butterfly, a caterpillar, a chrysalis, and a snail among the plants. No tutorial for this one, as the way to use crackle medium varies by brand. Using the paint pen should be self explanatory, or at least the simple instructions are printed on them.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

2 comments:

fogmama said...

I love the silver swirly designs making up the skull.

Abby Davis said...

Thanks, it was very therapeutic to make.