Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dia de la Abby: #65 Raven Skull Pumpkin

Halloween is 4 days away, so I saved making a skull pumpkin for this week. This year, I wanted to make a different kind of skull. I choose a raven skull instead of my normal sugar skull. The flowers are marigolds, which are traditional in the Dia de los Muertos celebration and alters.


I used wood carving tools to cut through the pumpkin flesh. This is not hollowed out, so it will last longer. The #21 Pumpkin Skull that I did last October, stayed non-rotten until December. It probably would have stayed nice for longer, if I didn't feel some guilt about having pumpkins on my porch in late December. If you would like to learn how I carved this pumpkin, follow the tutorial.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

No comments: