Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let Them Eat Skull Cake

Lets wrap up the first week of Skull-A-Day 3.0 like a present and celebrate with some Skull Cakes in honor of our Skullmaster's recent birthday.

The first comes from Phil in Kent, OH who wrote: "I am neither a photographer... nor a cake decorator(I'm a bit messy with icing LOL) but my daughter really wanted a skully cake for her 7th birthday, so it was daddy to the rescue..."

The next two are from Ashley who said: "I am a skull fanatic and several years ago I found out that I am also a baking fanatic..."

"The first cake had a layer of strawberry glaze in it so that when it was cut the blood-like substance oozed everywhere."
"The second cake is covered in a whipped butter cream frosting and the embellishments are made from colored rolled fondant that were each cut from hand."
Finally, Mary Anne Stanley from the Elizabethtown, PA Public Library wrote: "Our teen librarian, Paula, was planning a skull day for the Teen Craft Club at Elizabethtown Public Library... One of the girls who's a frequent visitor had coincidentally asked me if I would make her a marble cake... I asked her jokingly if she would like a skull cake with chocolate and vanilla butter icing. So here it is: my Skake. It's a composite of one 9" round layer cake for the cranium and 1/4 of a 9" square cake for the jaw."

Baker C Says:

Phil, Ashley, and Mary Anne excellent Skull Cakes all around. Each one is beautifully done and very tasty looking. I am inspired to try making one myself.

On a side note, Ms. Stanley expressed that she would like to have our beloved Skullmaster up there to do a workshop at the library. If any loyal readers want to assist her with this wish please contact the Elizabethtown, PA Public Library.

P.S. Today is also the second anniversary of my first comment on Skull-A-Day 1.0. Who knew where that comment would take me?

10 comments:

Diane said...

ooh i want a skully cake too!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM! I love them!

HotTaTasFaktory said...

Cake + skulls = complete awesomeness!

Denise A. Wells said...

Love These! Making me hungry....do they taste as good as they look?

Noah said...

Congratulations on the comment anniversary C!

Tatman said...

In my best Homer Simpson voice...."Mmmmm, skullicious!"

Great work by all. My sweet tooth, errr, sweet skull is craving some cake now!

katillac deVille said...

Yo dawg, we heard u like comments, so I'm making a comment to your comment in ur comment box.

ere said...

i think the one with the blood idea was the best lol , its kinda gross but i still wouldve ate it, great post!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much for posting my cakes! I totally forgot that I even submitted these pictures and I just checked the blog today to see what has been going on :) Happy Birthday Skullmaster!

Kim said...

I wonder if my fiance will let me have a cupcake tower with skulls on them for our wedding cake...