Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesdays With Tatman #47

As the temperatures get warmer everyday I am happy to reintroduce some of my favorite shoes to the great weather.



I call these flip flops because of the regional dialect where I grew up. I've also heard them referred to as sandals or thongs(for some reason). Maybe they call them something else where you live? Let us know if you have any kind of crazy or unusual names for this style of shoe. No matter where you are I hope you all get to enjoy flip flop weather at some point in the year.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).

11 comments:

Abby Davis said...

I just call them flip flops (which is the sound they make when walking in them). The part that goes between your toes is a thong...hence the other term. It's like fabric floss for your toes.

I love the carving on the heel area. My husband loves to wear Adidas sandals and they wear oddly, so the carving reminds me of that.

Unknown said...

We call um' Slippahz (slippers) here on Hawaii

Carol B said...

They are flip flops everywhere I've lived (Georgia, Alabama and Texas).

Anonymous said...

In Denmark, where I am, we never have flip flop weather, but when we do, we call them Klip Klappere! some people also call them Jesus sandals, I really do not know why :)

Lindiz said...

I've heard them being called flip flops in English and used that term myself as well. In Finnish we mostly call them "varvastossut" or "läpsyttimet"..

And what comes to skulls.. ;) plenty of skulls in my project blog: http://deathcumsinsmallpacks.blogspot.com

BlacknickSculpture said...

Here on Long Island they are called Flip Flops too. And the new trend seems to wear them year round weather be damned.

Chris Z. said...

They were 'thongs' in my household growing up (SoCal, 70s-80s) until whatever point it was in the 90s that thong underwear came to be everywhere. Now only hear old folks calling them 'thongs'. Flip flops it is now, lest someone think I'm talkin' whale tails.

prooky said...

Here in the Philippines we call them "tsinelas". It's a very common footwear because of the tropical weather. We also call them slippers or flip flops.

Anonymous said...

In Israel we call them 'Kafkafim'. I really like this blog, people are so wonderfully creative and crazy!

Aaron LeBauer PT, DPT, LMBT said...

I lived with some kiwis in belgium and they called them Jandals.

Kim said...

And in winter you can wear 115. Gym Skull, and have skully feet all year 'round!

In Australia we mostly call them thongs, but I suppose that is because "thong" underwear/swimwear is not really huge here, and I think the term "g-string" is more common for them anyway...