Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dia de la Abby #63: Skull Papel Picado

To celebrate Dia de los Muertos, you need papel picado decorations. I made some inspired by this wonderful celebration.




I've been wanting to try this for years, but I'm faster at using an xacto knife than I would be with a chisel through layers of tissue paper. I decided to alter my Skullflake pattern to suit making papel picado banners. To see how I made these, head over to the tutorial.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

No comments: