Wednesday, August 5, 2009

[BONUS] Ornament(al) Skull Wallpaper Prototype?

My bedroom has had almost 100 years of layers of wallpaper and paint on the walls and we're finally getting around to stripping it down to the original plaster to paint. The other day I spotted this large chunk of unpainted wallpaper hiding behind the radiator (which I'd never seen before, even though I've lived in this house for nearly five years). It looks to be around the third wallpaper used in the room and while I was admiring it's kitchy retro awesomeness I noticed a dark water stain that perfectly accentuated the skull-like shapes hiding in the pattern! If I didn't already see skulls everywhere, all the time, I might have been a bit freaked out. Instead I was just pleasantly surprised to discover the similarity to my own Skull-A-Day wallpaper and I knew I had to share with folks who understand...

4 comments:

Tatman said...

Your house must have been sending subliminal messages to you for inspiration when you created your own design.

PearsonMetalArt said...

He's been watching over you the whole time!

Citizen Agent said...

Legal Aid C said:

Just proves that good design is timeless. Interesting how the water stain is there to bring your attention to that area.

Seems like # 192 is nothing but trouble, I'm glad you changed the design enough so you don't have to worry about a wall paper artist claiming rights to it.

Divaeva said...

hehe - how kewl is that?! The skull spirits must be pleased!