Monday, August 10, 2009

C-Rations: 0C1010

This week's offering is Composed of the letter C

“X * X” 11" x 8.5" Century Gothic And Century Old Style letters. Arranged computer type.

Character C says:

The planets aligned perfectly for this one as you might C a pattern here. Atlast another puzzle for my buddy Tatman to work on this week. What can I say? The letter C, third letter in the alphabet, has had a profound influence on my life so it was bound to show up sooner or later. I also include a little flashback Monday for you, for more on drawing skulls with type see the Skullmaster's post from 2 years ago this week.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

8 comments:

Tatman said...

Another puzzle from Cryptic C. Hmmmm, does anyone else have a clue? Any guesses???

Kim said...

Century fonts, eh? Ironic, and deliberately so I'm sure. Is 110 a special number?

Kim said...

If I could do maths... I would have added that to 1010 correctly. Puzzle solved.

Tatman said...

Well, if roman numerals are being used then there are 11 C's and 1 X, which would equal 1110 if added together.

I might be reading too much into this, but there are actually 3 different fonts of the letter C. The 2 in the nose are different. Maybe it's a clue?

BTW, does anyone else know why this C-ration is #1010?

Well, C, is Kim right?

Noah said...

I have to admit I don't have the energy to figure this out, but I do think it looks fantastic! You had me at Century Gothic.

Kim said...

Oh damn, I counted 10 Cs and did a Roman numeral sum. I suck.

C is counting in binary, 1010 equates to 10 in our usual decimal counting system. I was a little disappointed to discover C was counting in binary but started counting from 1 (computer scientists count from 0). :P

Citizen Agent said...

Prequel C says:

It's a good thing I'm not a computer scientist! I guess Zero would have been the day I came on board, so technically since C-Rations didn't start the first week, but the second, all it correct?

Alast, I will have to add a zero before the year is done. I will most likely wait and do it in true Hollywood fashion- save it to restart the C-Ration franchise when its numbers start to slump.

Kim, send me your mailing address to the submission email, I want to send you out something for participating in the game.

Kim said...

Prize for participation? Riddler C, for me having a crack at a puzzle is compulsive! Just ashamed I didn't solve it. I think maybe "X * X" is a clue? 10^2 = 100? *scratches head*