Monday, August 17, 2009

C-Rations: 0C1011

This week's offering is done by Cutting and Collecting

“Jerry Gar-C-Ah” 12" x 9" flower dead-heads and plant material arranged in dirt on a found plastic lid.

Ikebana C says:

In case you are not familiar with the term the act of removing a dead bloom is called “dead-heading” some believe that by doing so a plant will be encouraged to flower again, a sort of resurrection. These particular dead-heads came from a daisy like flower. Happy 40th children of the flower. Today I needed a miracle.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What kind of miracle?

The bushes do look so sad when they're covered in shrivelled brown flowers. The arrangement on soil makes it look like a grave for the dead flowers. Interesting and somewhat ironic kado, C.

Tatman said...

Set out trimming but I take my time,
a friend of the gardener is a friend of mine.

If I get done before twilight,
I just might go to Skull-A-Day tonight.

This is one groovy piece, maaaan! I totally dig being a witness to the rebirth of Mother Nature's smiling children. Peace to you all!

Citizen Agent said...

Dancing Bear C said:

“A Miracle” is a old cultural term. Back when The Dead toured, someone could just go to a show without a ticket in get in. The act of receiving a free ticket for the show from a total stranger is what a miracle was.

Since I wasn't able to get a free skull from a total stranger yesterday, its use here was intended for another reason.