Sunday, August 16, 2009

National Airborne Day August 16th

Marco "Kanibal" Almengor, a frequent commentator here at Skull-A-Day.com, sent us a piece he did for National Airborne Day.

He wrote: “I have been an avid follower of your great site for a few months now. August 16, 2009 is National Airborne Day. In honor of the great men and women who served this great country and have sacrificed their bodies and lives in many theaters around the world, I designed this art piece. I served in the Army for ten years and spent the last five as a paratrooper... All The Way!”

"Hook Up" 9" x 16" Acrylic,Ink,Charcoal,Colored pencil,Coffee on Bristol broad.


Detail:

Strategic C says:

Thank You for submitting this piece to help us remember this important day. I never could have imagined how popular Skull-A-Day.com is among those serving in uniforms. You can see another posting about those serving in uniform by the Skullmaster here.

3 comments:

PearsonMetalArt said...

First of all, thank you! Second, very nice work you have a great talent.

Tatman said...

This is a great piece, Marco. I'm sure there will be more than one airborne soldier that thinks of getting this inked on them.

Kanibal said...

Thanks Tatman, I plan on getting this tattooed on me at the Richmond Convention in November.