Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.13

Happy Sunday everyone. This week we are getting back to nature with our submissions.

The first is from Chris Reed of DuPont, WA who found this while snorkeling at a beach in Kaua'i.



The next was found by Miss Kim Rushton who said:
“I snapped this two years ago (7/7/07) at a dive site called ‘The Driveway’ in Turks and Caicos. It's about the size of a golf ball and I just happened to see it right before I surfaced - couldn't believe it. It's coral with two algae like plants on it that make the eyes - this is exactly as I found it. Very excited to have found a community of people who share my excitement over it.”

And last for the week is from Angela Combest of Chicago, IL who wrote;
“My neighbor and I were at a stone supplier searching for rocks and stone for a gardening project. You can bet that this fella came home with me!”

Demeter C says:

What a great collection of simulacra this week. It's as if these items were purposely left around as tokens to remind us of the classic greek myths of old. Thank you all for submitting your pictures and I look forwards to seeing many more of your finds.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: