Monday, March 29, 2010

Origami Skulls

Anita walked us through her amazing origami creations: “ Here are two pix of my origami skulls: Uncle Skullsy, designed in 1999, was my first effort at an origami skull; I think my favorite is basic skull #3 -- I like the shape.”

Picture one (blue background), in the corners clockwise from top left -- easy skull, basic skull #1, Uncle Skullsy, Mrs. Skullsy; center -- Jester skull.
Picture two (maroon background) clockwise from left -- skull phantom, winged skull, skull gift tag, skull-in-the-box (with basic skull #3), skull '07.

Bone Folder C says:

This is truly an incredible collection of origami skulls. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I am in awe of the amount of skill and diversity you exhibit in the collection, and I find it interesting to see something universal like the eye sockets handled so differently in each one. Happy Folding!

1 comment:

Abby Davis said...

I like the use of the colored side of the paper for the eyes, nose and teeth. Origami is such a great technique for making beautiful shapes. The only one I have memorized is a Japanese Lily.