Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dia de la Abby: #15 - Skulls with Lilies Shoes

Inspired by the end of summer, I decided I wanted to redo a pair of shoes. I adorned with with skulls and tiger lilies...two of my favorite things on my favorite style shoe.

On my feet. I tend to cross my legs a lot, so that is why the skulls face towards the inside. When I cross my legs, they will easily be shown.

Another reason for the skull placement, is for when I am standing, the skulls sort of match up in back forming 1 skull. It's not perfect, but you get the idea.


This project took many days to complete. Surprisingly, painting the black background took the longest. If you would like to learn how I redid a plain pair of shoes into these beautiful ones, read the tutorial. The tutorial can be used for any type of fiber shoes, (not leather, vinyl or PVC) so feel free to adapt it to a different style.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will be post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and my blog, Crafty Lady Abby.

1 comment:

Shoegasm said...

I'd be afraid to wear them and get them dirty, so much time and nice artwork!!