Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Richmond, VA Skulls

To get the countdown started with only 10 days left to Skull Appreciation Day a collection of Richmond, VA artists.

First up is Lindsey O'Hara who wrote: “I thought your website was so cool! I actually draw/paint skulls often.”



Next, Stacy DeFreitas Boyer said: “This is a mixed media piece...charcoal drawing with layered text and stitched skull titled ‘I hold my tension in my face’ .”



In addition, Robin Selby told us: “I saw these all over Italy, in cathedrals, paintings, sculpture. Even in St Peter's Cathedral. I am taking a drawing class and our last still life was a skull!! So I took a couple of liberties and made mine a Memento Mori.”



Finally, from Randy Toy who wrote: “Thought about you when I ran across this skull doodle I made on my ipod awhile back.


Monument C says:

With Richmond, VA holding the honor of being the birthplace of Skull-A-Day it is no wonder we received a large number of items from Richmond, VA based artists. Thank you all for submitting your work and hopefully you will have time to participate in some of the local festivities there.

Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in the drawing just leave a comment below stating: What is your best name for a skull city? Sorry Skull, Ireland is already taken.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you!
(Either your e-mail in the post OR make sure your profile has an e-mail link for you. If all else fails drop us an email to our submission address with your profile name. )


NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest

2 comments:

HammerBassJohnson said...

Skullando

Skulltropolis

Skullifornia

Stefan said...

Skullicious