We here at Skull-A-Day have decided that there needs to be an official international day of cranial love! To that end we're starting a campaign to get June 4th (the day Skull-A-Day started) officially recognized as Skull Appreciation Day around the world, and of course to get as many people celebrating it as possible. Since we have absolutely no idea about how to go about doing this we've decided to ask you the dedicated fans of this project to help!
Here's some things you can do:
- Post the graphic above and link back to this page to help raise awareness. Or copy and paste the html code HERE.
- If you know anything about how to get an official day created on a local, state, or national level tell us in the comments below.
- If you are in a position where you can help get this day officially celebrated in your office, town, city, state, country please do! Then tell us about it so we can spread the news.
- Plan an event for that day and let us know about it so we can spread the news!
- Suggest ways that people could celebrate it on a large or small level in the comments below.
p.s. There are official Skull Appreciation Day T-shirts for sale in the Skull-A-Day store HERE.
p.p.s. Here's what we did in 2011 to celebrate. And here's what we did in 2012!
*Speaking of days of celebrations, be sure to also mark your calendars for Strangely Orange Snack Appreciation Day (or S.O.S.A.D.) on June 21st, which was started by our friend Terry at Bent Objects and was one of the big inspirations for our own plans!