Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Steamrolled Skull Banner

Ward Walker Jr. of Austin, TX sends us this bold banner along with this note, "The attached image is of a print I made using a Steamroller as a press. The image is 4'x6' on cloth and printed from 3 blocks, each one cut as a puzzle piece so they lock together for printing. The blocks were printed on March 5th, 2011 at the University of Texas at Austin during Explore UT day. My representation of the band (the BenTones) is intended to portray them at a very basic level, and without the "details" one usually sees to identify them."



Okay, you had me at "steamroller". How in the world you did it I don't know, but I am saddened that I didn't get to witness it. Throw in the fact that this is a pretty kick ass banner and you've got yourself one heck of an awesome stage prop. It reminds me a bit of Slayer's Live Undead album cover with more of a classy stage presence. Thanks for sharing your amazing display with us, Ward!


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in the drawing just leave a comment below stating: what you would name your skull band. I know my choice is already taken, but GWAR has such a nice ring to it.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you (either an e-mail in the post OR make sure your Blogger profile has an e-mail link for you on it).

NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest

8 comments:

dolores said...

Wow...that banner is amazing!

Hmmm...what would I name my skull band....how about...
Bag O' Bones..or BOB for short...my kids would appreciate that since everything was named Bob when they were kids!:)

aunt acid said...

i'm from texas. of course that banner is awesome! texas skulls are fantastic. my skull band would be called aunt acid. no bones in the name, i know, but i've always liked that moniker.
=)

Anonymous said...

occipital condyle

fogmama said...

Hmmm, Siouxsie and the Boneshees, or maybe the Rolling Bones?

Peg said...

I would name my Skull Band - "We live in your Head!"

Divaeva said...

Skulltasm *giggles*

44skull44 said...

skulladay... kind of a really bad play on greenday but o well

skull44_44@yahoo.com

Nancy said...

This is a couple of years old but it's the Steamroller event Ward was talking about. They do it every year. I don't have current prints on my blog. But you cangoogle it. "Steamroller madness" Explore UT.

http://stonebridge-keep.blogspot.com/2009/03/homework-and-printmaking.html