Thursday, March 15, 2012

[CONTEST] Win A Solid Brass Skull Card Holder

UPDATE: This contest is over and  Sarrah aka Sashi was randomly chosen as the winner. Thanks to everyone who entered for the great submissions. Stay tuned for more contests coming soon.....

Have you ever yearned to let the world know your place in it? Have you ever desired to hold a place for that special someone? Have you ever wanted to do so with your own personal skullified twist? Jewelry sculptor Herbert Hoover is here to bring fruition to your plans with this solid brass, and full of class, skull place card holder. The former president(just kidding) describes it best, "This little brass skull has a small slot in the crown along the suture line for holding a business card or place card. Makes for a macabre table setting, especially for a Halloween themed dinner, or a perfect business card display. Hand carved in wax, then cast in brass using the lost wax process."




In the spirit of the late president, this Herbert Hoover is following in the sharing movement by GIVING ONE OF OUR LUCKY READERS A SKULL PLACE CARD HOLDER OF THEIR OWN. This will be a sure fire way to let anyone know how you roll when it comes to presenting yourself, or someone else. With SKULLITUDE!


To be entered in this contest leave a comment stating what your personal card would say. It can be business related, but it's not necessary. For example, my personal card might read: "Tatman" - Skull Lover, Light Seeker, Champion of Positivity(or something like that).


[NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook or Google+ then be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be officially entered in the contest.]

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way of contacting you(either an email in the post OR BE SURE your blogger profile has a working email link for you). Entries are only valid with this information.

You have until Midnight Eastern time Wednesday March 22nd to enter so don't wait... do it now.

Note: Due to international shipping costs this contest is limited to winners in the US and Canada only. Apologies go out to everyone else.

Of course you don't have to wait until the contest ends, or if you want to be sure you're a winner, then visit Herbert's site at POTUS31.com.  There's more bony stuff, jewelry, and even some snacks to enjoy.  Thanks for sharing, Herb!

42 comments:

pupton said...

I am a research scientist and the card I made for myself would say, "Have rat, will travel." But skulls are good too!

Dr. M said...

Dr. M: A poet and a zombiologist, but never a fancy lady.

KT said...

Katie Cowden: Crafty Badass & Photographer to the Stars

Katiecowden.com

GStar said...

GStar: a part-time ultimate player with a healthy star obsession.

Unknown said...

Erick Grau: Just Awesome!

jodihoover said...

Jodi Hoover: The First Artomat Hoover

(I love you Herbert!!!)

Jacque said...

Jacque England

Still Learning.


jacque.englandatgmaildotcom

Skye said...

Too many options for some skully fun, so most likely just my blog name - " Creative Chaos "

Unknown said...

"Professional Laugher"

Captain Morgan said...

Mine would say, "If you're reading this, you're too close to me."

Jenn Hayes said...

I'm a freelance illustrator and mine would say "Creator of All Things Mystical".

Susan Scofield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Scofield said...

Collector of Things in Jars, Pimper of the Wickedly Fabulous, Friend of Angels and Demons alike... I don't judge.

Contact: bigwinkstudios@aol.com

Unknown said...

.......just because i love skulls does not mean i am a devil worshiper! relax

ranjit said...

The best business card I ever saw had this title on it:

SELF-PROCLAIMED EXPERT

Helvis Presley said...

"Gentleman of Fortune"

Tatman said...

These are all wonderful so far! Keep them coming. Remember, if you don't include an email address in your comment then MAKE SURE your blogger profile has one that is easily found. Thanks!

RunsWithScissors said...

My card would read: Runs With Scissors

Maddogseeing said...

"Skulls hold very important things...like my business cards!!!" AKH

Scott Schluter said...

I am a soil evaluator so my card might say "Dirt Dude"

Couchgirl13 said...

I'm just a stay at home mom. So no business cards here. My husband just found my I <3 Skulladay.com stickers, woohoo. So that is what my "card" would say. "I love Skulladay!"

P.S.

I would also use it for a recipe card holder in the kitchen, and a photo holder on the date of the passing of my best friend.

You can reach me at couchgirl13@gmail.com

popshopgallery said...

I'm an artist/entrepreneur. My biz card would say "Coolness is skin deep" -R!ch

Armored Hearts said...

I'm a chainmaille artist and I'd love a personal card to go along with business cards. It might read: "Addicted to Coffee, Metal and Technology".
Great Blog!

Anonymous said...

ADD SKULL PILE

Jeremy said...

J. Morgan
Part-time Endurance Mountain Biker
Mashing Pedals & Crushing Souls
"I work here because no one pays me to ride my bike"

jmorgan29er@gmail.com

skulldiggers guild said...

If you had a leadership position, it could read "Department Head."

kechiro said...

KT Lowe:
Museum Thinker with the head to match.

I had an internship at the Detroit Institute of Arts in the Education department, and I brought some of my skulls into work for my desk. At the time we were planning an exhibition on personal collections, and I was asked to contribute a photo of my skulls and skeletons.

professorkechi@gmail.com

glyphjockey said...

"Generalist/Communicator"

NicosCorner said...

Scott Williams : Pupa of Progress

(Scott.Kim.Williams@gmail.com)

Moonrayvenne said...

The card would read: Say hello to my little friend

rayvenne@aol.com

Schneidertime said...

K. Schneider
Bone Daddy

n. said...

what my husband calls me: "eccentrically weird".

M said...

My business card does have a skull on it....a bunch of pretty scroll work....&
.
Mintasfotos.com
Capturing the hidden slices of your life
mintas.fotos@gmail.com
623-521-4574

Half of M and M said...

"A chicken in every pot and a skull on every key ring."

devilishgrins@live.com

Gail said...

I already have a business card with a beautiful skull and dragonfly design. This card holder would look great to display both.

Unknown said...

Tracy Crinion
consider the hair a warning sign.
tcrinnie@gmail.com

framediva said...

Donate a kidney please.

Dzynmkr said...

My card would read - Here works Dzynmkr (instead of Here Lies). My email address is dzynmkr@yahoo.com. Cool contest!!!

Levin Trujillo said...

Hi Everyone , just a Drawer , mine would say " Calavera No Llora" Thanks.

Sashi said...

Sarrah S. Steiner: Artist, Rockin' Fat Girl

Though, to be fair, my card already says that :)

dx said...

Maker
Teacher
Handyman:

Artist

LiliththeCupcake said...

Lilith: cupcake baker and bone collector... do you trust whats in your cupcake?