Friday, March 23, 2012

Skull Made in Maine

Artist Josh Dow of Molten Metalworks in Maine sent us a sample of some of his current work.

He wrote: “I love the blog, my wife and I have small foundry in Maine where I've been making these Skulls recently as a side project. I thought you all might get a kick out of them.”


Zombie skull with exposed brain


Cthulhu skull


Green Cyborg Skull


Vacationland C says:

It is amazing the diversity of finished works that you are able to accomplish with your material and finishing methods. I have always loved the concept of the lost wax process in that in order to create you must first destroy what was previously created. It has such a theological nature to it as you are constantly participating in a cycle of birth-death-rebirth. Thank you for sharing this small sample of your recent work with us.

1 comment:

Ann said...

these are awesome!