Monday, January 23, 2012

Iron Skulls


Ben Marcacci submitted this piece. He said "I'm a contractor in Afghanistan. I work on my skulls on my lunch. Here's one. Its 100% scrap iron,with razor wire roses."





This piece in it's setting speaks to how dangerous it is being in Afghanistan. Against a background of barbed wire, military buildings, sand, and helicopters, it stands as a warning to new entries and memorial to those who have died in this dangerous pursuit. The cross in it's self is beautifully made. Here's hoping that one day, they will all get to come home.

5 comments:

Justified Sinner said...

Beautiful and poignant.
There is something doubly upsetting about such a creative artist being involved in a war situation.

Roberta Warshaw said...

That is really something. It is sad and beautiful at the same time.

Little Gothic Horrors said...

Absolutely stunning and moving on so many levels!

Lenore said...

i will like to have this splendid sculpture of skulls to put it in my Garden....ha!ha!ha!ha! ^_^

DIY Technician said...

Dude I love this blog. Very very cool.