Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesdays With Tatman #55 - Skeleton Glass Etchings

I guess this should technically be called Tuesday with 'Tatmen' considering I have a guest artist to feature with me today. This all started with tattoo artist Ashraf El-Masry contacting me about my glass etchings. After some friendly chats we decided to step up our collective etching "game" and arrange an art swap of sorts. The decision was made to choose a piece from Hans Holbein's "Dance of Death" woodcut series that features skeletons as death in every image. We agreed to use regular 8" x 10" picture frame glass and here are the results:

I chose to do the "Soldier" as a tribute to my brother-in-law who is currently stationed in Afghanistan.



Ashraf selected the "Astrologer". I'm assuming he did this because he foresaw that this would be a great idea with rewarding results.



I have to give a big shout out to my etching brother for his "friendly challenge" that got me motivated to break out and try something new. That's a big part of our motto here on Skull-A-Day and we love being able to spread that creativity bug that brings us so many great pieces of skull art to share with all of you. Thanks, Brother!

4 comments:

Abby Davis said...

They are both gorgeous!

Roger Ramjet said...

Thanks for the tribute to your brother-in law. My some was in "The sand box" with the Marines. He came home safely, but one of his buddies didn't.
Thanks for your bro-in-laws service!
Roger

Anonymous said...

you are silly dude...
but I am honored to have my work shown with master work...

I look forward to the next one brother!

Noah said...

I'm so impressed with both! Really incredible work guys!